During first half of 2016, EU milk and cream exports increased by 45% (compared to Jan-Jun 2015).
Starting from May 2015, Belarus has become a major destination for these products: during first half of 2016 its import volumes were more than 6 times bigger than the year before. Belarus ranked second among the main importers of milk and cream from EU, with a share of 11%, while China ranked first.
EU-28 exports in June 2016 compared to June 2015 increased in volumes for:
- Infant milk formula (+26.8%)
- Milk and cream (+20.4%)
- Cheese (+11.8%)
- Butter (+5.7%)
- Whey Powder (+4.4%)
- WMP (+1.4%)
- SMP (-24.1%)
From January to June 2016 y-o-y the exports growth accounted for 7% of the increase in milk deliveries. In fact:
- EU milk deliveries increased by 3,52% (2.707.469 Tons);
- Extra-EU exports of cheese, milk powders, butter, condensed milk, liquid milk, cream and yogurt in “milk equivalent”increased by 1,93% (186.268 Tons).
The value of exports was 6.864 Mio €; the value of imports was 385 Mio €, so the commercial balance is positive (trade surplus: 6.479 Mio €)
The main regions importing European dairy products (cheese, milk powders, butter, condensed milk, liquid milk, cream and yogurt) were:
- Africa import, accounting for 24% of market share, decreased by 13.8%
- Asia – South East import, accounting for 30% of market share, increased by 8%
- Asia – Middle East import, accounting for 20% of market share, increased by 10.4%
- North America import, accounting for 7% of market share, increased by 7.2%
- Europe (Others – extra EU) import, accounting for 7% of market share, increased by 7.8%.
|EU-28: dairy products Export year-to-date (June)|
|QUANTITY (Tons)||VALUE (’000 EUR)|
|2015||2016||± on 2015||2015||2016||± on 2015|
|Infant milk formula||209.421||231.949||+10,8%||1.887.936||1.934.801||+2,5%|
|Milk and cream||376.266||546.603||+45,3%||326.194||416.406||+27,7%|
|Yogurt and buttermilk||71.216||84.430||+18,6%||144.137||152.896||+6,1%|
* Other products: MPC prot.cont. >85%, Lactose edible
Data processed by Clal based on GTIS source.
EU-28: MILK AND CREAM EXPORT
Main IMPORTERS of 2016
Do you need additional information on dairy Import/Export? Subscribe to the Dairy World Trade area on CLAL.it